Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Game Based Learning

During a webinar from http://home.edweb.net/ , one of the other participants told me about a game-based platform that I can use in my classroom for quizzes, surveys and discussions. I started to test it out today and am getting excited about how I can use the website https://getkahoot.com/.



Here are two ideas so far:
1) When I create a pretest for a unit, I can have the students answer the questions on their worksheets first. Then, they can complete the Kahoot quiz as a group. I can formatively assess and check their answers all at once, rather than individually, saving me time! Plus, they will have fun because it is a game.


2) I can set up a Kahoot quiz for a math station. Students who have completed a portion of the learning program I have set up, can sit in a small group and complete a Kahoot. Then I can check in with their progress and discuss any questions they might have.

I am looking forward to exploring this website even more!

Thanks to Richard Byrne @rmbyrne 

See his blog on this teaching tool at:


Trying to Be Amazing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment