Monday, July 28, 2014

Motivate the Middle Schooler

I like to reward students because it gets them to participate and puts energy into the room. In the past, it would have been fun, and definitely motivating, to throw little “fun size” candies out to the students during a class discussion. Students perk up and all hands get raised after that first one is thrown to a student.

Unfortunately, in this age of being allergy aware and more health conscious, candy seems to me to be off-limits.

So as I was cleaning out my home desk today, I came across these fun paperclips that I had bought for myself to perk up my paperwork. 



And then I had a light-bulb moment....why not give these out in those class discussions! Students are always asking me for supplies in class!

They can be tossed out to students when peppering them with questions for a review or when trying to get them to share their reasoning and strategy for solving a problem.

I am off to find out what other cute, fun and cheap office/school supplies I can find – like erasers!


Be Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment